Vital Oxide is an EPA and Health Canada registered hospital grade disinfectant approved for use against COVID-19.
The disinfectant is extremely effective against bacteria and viruses including SARS-CoV2 (the coronavirus that causes COVID-19), H1N1, MRSA, Norovirus, HIV, Legionella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Hepatitis A, B, & C, Ebola, and many others. Check out the full kill list.
Its formula contains a unique form of stabilized chlorine dioxide and is 100% biodegradable surfactant, colourless, non-corrosive, hypo-allergenic, no rinse required, gentle enough to handle without causing skin irritation and has a SDS rating of 0-0-0, the safest possible rating. It is ready to use with no mixing required—just spray, wipe, or fog right from the bottle.
1 Gallon Case
5 Gallon Pail
55 Gallon Drum
250 Gallon Tote
Vital Oxide wipes are 100% recycleable, single use disinfectant wipes for use against COVID19.
Vital Oxide kills microbes by chemically altering certain amino acids that contain sulfur.
The amino acids are important building blocks in the proteins that help to form cell walls. When these proteins are destroyed, the cell wall ruptures and the organism dies.
In the chemical reaction, Vital Oxide takes an electron from the amino acid and coverts back to a chlorite ion. The amino acid gives up an electron, which causes oxidation and ends up killing the organism.
Vital Oxide is a hospital-grade disinfectant that is ready to use with no mixing required. Full strength is recommended to be used in the environment with high rates of bacteria, mold, and mildew, and in high traffic areas and touch points.
5:1 Carpet & Rug Sanitizer
Mix 5 parts water and 1 part Vital Oxide to sanitize and deodorize carpets, rugs, and fabric surfaces. For carpet and fabric sanitization, Vital Oxide is compatible with most synthetic carpeting and commercial cleaning machines.
9:1 Food Contact & Daily Surface Sanitizer
Mix 9 parts water and 1 part Vital Oxide to sanitize food-contact surfaces. For 99.999% sanitization on food contact surfaces with no rinsing required.
Authorized by Health Canada for use against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
Approved by EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
NSF-registered for no rinse required on food-contact surfaces.
Carpet and Rug Institute seal of approval for carpet pre-spray and pet stain & odor.
No. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, its chemistry is very different from the corrosive chemistry of chlorine bleach. The primary differences are that chlorine dioxide is less caustic, safer, and gentler than bleach and many other antiseptics and antimicrobials, plus it remains effective under organic load. Further, chlorine bleach produces harmful by-products to the environment, including trihalomethanes (THM) and haloacetic acids (HAAS). Vital Oxide breaks down to a simple salt, producing no harmful by-products.
The United Stated Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is currently reviewing the way third parties will be able to carry “green” claims on all disinfectant labels. EPA policy at this point does not allow “green” claims to be placed directly on any disinfectant product’s label. While Vital Oxide is mild on skin, hard surfaces, and fabric, and will certainly qualify for “green status” when the designation is allowed, we cannot advertise this claim until it is permitted by the EPA. Vital Oxide is also a powerful disinfectant able to kill some of the toughest and most resistant forms of bacteria and mold. The chemical composition of Vital Oxide is such that it has a minimal impact on the environment and contains no ozone harming volatile compounds (VOC).
Yes. Vital Oxide is an excellent disinfectant to use in homes. Some of the best places to use Vital Oxide at home are in musty basements, in bathrooms where mildew has accumulated (or on surfaces to protect against mold and mildew), and in the kitchen to keep food-contact surfaces clean. Vital Oxide has also been tested on carpets and can be used around the house to sanitize carpets.
The quickest way to disinfect a hospital room, an entire basement, or a school gym is by using a fogger or electrostatic sprayer that can create a fine mist to treat objects, walls, floors, and ceilings in a matter of just a few minutes. Electrostatic sprayers and foggers can dramatically cut the time to disinfect large areas. Vital Oxide is one of the few disinfectants that can be dispersed in this manner because Vital Oxide is non-corrosive to treated surfaces and objects.
The easiest way to answer this question is simply, not all disinfectants are created equal. When evaluating and comparing disinfectant products, take a close look at their core ingredients. Vital Oxide uses a unique chemical compound called chlorine dioxide. While other competitors and manufacturers have attempted to copy and produce a form of stabilized chlorine dioxide similar to Vital Oxide, our revolutionary formula is simply unequaled. Chlorine dioxide has been used during Anthrax attacks, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to purify drinking water, and most recently to kill MRSA in schools and hospitals. Also consider carefully what kind of chemicals you want around your children, employees, patients, students, and close family members. Most disinfectants and mold removers on the market are extremely toxic, but Vital Oxide gives you peace of mind that you are using an effective product that does not come with alarming safety warnings and precautions.
Cleaners are not registered with the EPA and cannot make public health claims on their label such as killing germs or having any anti-microbial action.
As part of the EPA registration process, disinfectant products are put through rigorous testing to prove their efficacy and measure toxicity. The EPA registers three types of disinfectants: Limited, General, and Hospital. All three disinfectants destroy or irreversibly inactivate certain microorganisms on hard, inanimate surfaces and objects.You can determine a “limited,” “general,” or “hospital” disinfectant by the microorganisms listed on the label.
“No rinse required on food contact surfaces” is a safety rating given by NSF International (previously the National Sanitation Foundation). The NSF testing guidelines are a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, including the FDA 21. Vital Oxide is rated “no rise required on food contact surfaces” category D2, meaning Vital Oxide is approved for use in commercial or residential kitchens to control bacteria, viruses, and mold without the need to wash/rinse the area with water after Vital Oxide is applied.
A food-contact sanitizer, at a minimum, reduces the level of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli by 99.999% on a food contact surface within one minute. A potable water rinse is not allowed after sanitation of a food-contact surface.
In some cases, you can clean and disinfect at the same time, but this depends on how dirty the surfaces you are cleaning/disinfecting are—the dirtier the surface the less effective the disinfectant. Disinfectants need to contact the area to disinfect and cannot do this effectively with a barrier of dirt or grime in the way. Once the dirt has been wiped away the disinfectant can get to work. Under lightly soiled conditions, you can clean and disinfect in the same step with just Vital Oxide. (NOTE: EPA requires all disinfectants carry the following label direction: “For heavily soiled areas, a pre-cleaning step is required.”)
No. Vital Oxide does not contain volatile organic compounds.
Ready to Place an Order?
Contact us for pricing or other information!